The Life & Times of John & Mandy

This site is dedicated to providing occasional updates of the life and activities of our family, and I imagine that a lot of our posts will be about Anna (since Grandparents are the main readers). As always - if you'd like Hi-Res versions of any picture, just ask! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Space Shuttle Launch

It was very cool to see a space shuttle launch in person. I got to watch from the roof a 4-story building on the air force base here, just a few hundred yards from the evacuation zone. The shuttle was up 1000 feet before we heard any sound from it at all. It was loud, but not as powerful as I expected from what others had told me. It was great to watch it burn and disappear in about a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home